Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a Small Equipment Operator: Great Pay & Benefits + $2000 Special Bonus
What does success look like? It looks like YOU and YOUR new CDL career at Waste Management!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Joining Waste Management provides you the opportunity of teaming up with the best drivers in North America. Our drivers are skilled, highly trained, and safety and customer service are the primary objectives of every employee. Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America, serving nearly 25 million customers and employing over 41,000 proud employees. Waste Management also has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry with over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America.
The Small Equipment Operator will use one or two pieces of equipment including but not limited to baler, front-end loader, bobcat, candensifier or forklift to transport or bind paper or other loose materials to facilitate handling by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Must be able to sort and grade material.
- Fill and operate candensifier.
- Record materials or items received or distributed and mark materials with identifying information.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Insure material is being fed properly onto conveyor.
- Coordinate flow of material.
- Start baler up on time, read monitor, which displays functions of baler, and react quickly to machine prompts and alarms, and ensure proper operation.
- Monitor and document downtime.
- Insure safety around working areas.
- Check quality of material before it is baled or shipped.
- Coordinate with MRF Manager to see what material needs to be baled or shipped
- Perform routine maintenance and daily inspection on equipment such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Keep supply of wire on hand for baler.
- Operate loader, forklift, bobcat, or other equipment to move material to designated area.
- Keep surrounding work areas clean.
- Unloads, tags, and stacks material in proper rows by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads materials into or out of trailers and railcars.
- Move material from baler.
- Dump containers, bins, and gaylords of materials.
- Read loading, unloading sheets and bills of ladings.
- Complete necessary load and unload tally sheets.
- Inspect and grade wastepaper that is received at plant.
- Ensure that vehicle condition reports are filled out properly as required by corporate guidelines.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits - including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran