To provide locksmith services with specific responsibility for the repair, alteration, installation and keying of locks on buildings, equipment and lockers; resolve immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assist other skilled trades; and ensure tools and materials are available at the job site.
1. Coordinates with supervisor for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
2. Cuts new or duplicate keys (e.g. building keys, file cabinets, desks, cabinets, intrusion alarms, lost or stolen locks/keys, etc.).
3. Maintains accurate keying records for each facility on the district master key system.
4. Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in security systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or system repair and/or replacement needs.
5. Fabricates unique locks and locking devices for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
6. Informs personnel regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with building and safety regulations.
7. Installs locking systems (both manual and electronic) (e.g. doors, door hardware, closures, panic hardware, changes lock combinations, security bolts, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and secure facility.
8. Maintains vehicle, tools and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability in safe operating condition.
9. Participates in meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
10. Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
11. Re-Keys locks and changes combinations for the purpose of ensuring security.
12. Repairs a variety of items, systems and/or components (e.g. locks, worn tumblers, shortens tumblers, springs, changes combinations, exist hardware, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a safe working condition.
13. Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
14. Responds to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
15. Transports a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site.
16. Remains on the district "on-call" schedule.
17. Assists with winter snow removal.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.