At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Maintenance Technician Lead to be based out of Vantage Pointe in San Diego, CA.
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Assists the Maintenance Operations Manager or Maintenance Supervisor in the daily maintenance operations for a multi-unit residential property, shopping center, or office building. Performs and assigns tasks to repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Performs or assigns general, advanced or specialized maintenance functions depending on property needs.
- Leads a team of maintenance technicians on daily maintenance operations with a focus on achieving efficiently run maintenance projects and operational functions. Ensures the preservation of the property and its value.
- Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans; boilers, chillers, water heaters supervision.
- Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. This includes overseeing the operation of heating and hot water boilers, make-up units and booster pumps. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts, filter changes.
- Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc. Routine turnover duties of vacant units.
- Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, and replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
- This position requires a High School Diploma/GED. 3-4 years of experience can offset minimum educational requirements for this position.
- 3-4 years of required experience at Commercial or Multi-Unit Residential Property.
- Preferred certification for this position include: HVAC (depending on property), Electrical, or Plumbing.
- This position may require a valid driver's license depending on the needs of the property.
- Required skills for this position include: self-motivated, team-player, communication, interpersonal, attention to detail, personal accountability, and customer service.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Brookfield Properties cares about the well-being and work-life balance of our valued associates! To show how much we care, we offer awesome incentives that include:
- Full benefits package
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with company match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Lucrative referral bonus program
- Incredible associate rental discount if you choose to live on-site! Who wouldn't want to live at one of our beautiful properties (especially at a discounted rate)?!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace