SIGN ON BONUS
$5,000 FOR SENIOR TECHNICIAN & TECHNICIAN $2,000 FOR TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? We are looking for Technicians and Sr. Technicians to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies. You will be given an opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and abilities, and will provide you an opportunity for growth.
As a Techncian/Sr. Technician at WM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
• Opportunity to work on newer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
• 100% Paid Tuition for You and Your Family
• COBRA Reimbursement
• Competitive pay at an hourly rate and paid weekly
• Earn 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) the first year
• Opportunity for career growth
• Grow your tool set: we offer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
• Stay safe: we have a program that allows you to receive prescription safety eye ware as well as a yearly boot allowance
• Extra pay if you have a CDL
• Have any diesel truck ASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs
• If you don't have any ASEs, we will help you get them.
• Two weeks paid training at our training center – then ongoing training
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, you will perform preventive maintenance services and inspect, diagnose and repair vehicles and equipment.
This position is 2nd Shift.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: Two year(s) of relevant work experience.
• Experience Preferred: Fleet diesel maintenance experience including hydraulics, electrical, suspension, and diagnostics. Three years of experience in heavy duty truck mechanics.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
• Willingness and ability to learn how to maintain our highly complex trucks – both diesel and CNG
• Pride in your work
• Desire to become a team member of a dedicated group of professional mechanics
• Working knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, suspension and PMs.
• Safety oriented
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran