IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
Safety is our priority! COVID-19 protocols are in place, including mandatory face coverings, social distancing, disinfection standards, and others to protect our associates.
Starting Pay rate for this market – $25.00/hour
Thank you for your interest in a career at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), sick pay, paid vacation and holidays.
As an Alignment Technician in one of Goodyear's Commercial Tire & Service Centers you will be responsible to professionally inspect, diagnose, and repair tire and conduct commercial vehicle alignments, while delivering an excellent guest experience. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Diagnose, recommend, and complete vehicle alignment on commercial trucks and other vehicles based on guest needs.
- Balance wheel assemblies and perform commercial tire service.
- Pursue training opportunities for development into completing other vehicle services on commercial trucks, including but not limited to brake work, suspension services, axle work, and oil and lube services.
- Clean and maintain service equipment.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location and of guests.
- Document work performed on service ticket
- Observe and comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Previous commercial vehicle experience including alignments
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least one year of relevant commercial vehicle service experience.
- Knowledge around completing other vehicle services including brake work and oil and lube services.
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, be able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.