Why Wrench for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Take the next step and put your high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - to good use with modern maintenance practices and technologies. We care about our Mechanic’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our mechanics and managers. You'll be rewarded for your skills and ability as well as provided with opportunities for growth. Check us out, WM may be the company for you.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Great Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear for mechanics
• Paid Vacation after 90 days
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401k + Company Match
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
***This is a 2nd shift position***
About the Job
Our Mechanics are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. As an Assistant Diesel Technician, you’ll work with and learn from experienced diesel technicians as you follow established procedures to accomplish your tasks. You'll make minor repairs and preventive maintenance (PMs).
What's the Shop Like?
This shop is modern, clean, and organized! This shop focuses on delivering a high rate of efficiency. Our mechanics achieve this high level of efficiency due to the collaborative environment they’ve created that focuses on sharing best practices. If you're looking for a great team environment, this is it.
What Does it Take to Be an Assistant Mechanic / Mechanic?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• No prior work experience or education is required (but is preferred)
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
*Previous automotive, diesel, or heavy truck experience or education is preferred.
What You'll Do
To be successful as an Assistant Mechanic, you’ll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures
• Perform minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services
• Complete your required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assist the team in the repair and adjustment of equipment
• Wash vehicles and equipment.
• Conduct safety checks on vehicles.
• Assist senior mechanics in the completion of project work (key part of your development)
• Assist with service calls for breakdowns.
• Perform other maintenance related work as required.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day
• You'll handle objects less than 30 pounds most of the work day
• You'll be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to chemicals, etc.) often
• You'll be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability, 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran