OverviewRespond to this Ad
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/yckex85y to be considered for these openings.
This posting is for several openings and your application will be considered for ALL OF THEM!
Salary: $14.86 - $26/hour
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
We are hiring several Incident Management Assistance Patrol (IMAP) Responders to join our Division 9 team in Forsyth county. These are full time temporary positions that may last up to 11 months and may be renewed.
n this role, you will:
- Operate an IMAP vehicle on traffic control deployments where you will conduct route surveillance, incident response, removal of disabled and abandoned vehicles, incident/congestion management, and routine motorist assistance duties and debris removal to facilitate traffic flow and minimize congestion.
- Communicate using a 2-way radio with our Traffic Management dispatch and other first responder agencies for appropriate coordination.
- Serve as a lead worker and/or provide on-the-job training.
- Complete classroom training related to safety, IMAP, traffic management operations, and a field assessment review.
- Work independently, think critically, prioritize, and control situations, and make decisions quickly under extreme pressure or in a hazardous environment.
- Perform routine tasks, move or lift heavy objects, work in a variety of weather conditions including rain, snow, heat, and ice, and use all computer tools/apps to perform the job, including Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), SAP (timesheets), Outlook (email), Excel (spreadsheets), Word, and any other laptop applications as necessary (incident reports, logs).
- Maintain basic first aid and CPR training, work outside of normal shift hours in the event of larger after-hours incidents or incidents that extend beyond normal working hours, and to skillfully maneuver IMAP vehicle in all weather and traffic conditions while communicating with other units and response partners.
What You Bring
- Ability to complete and maintain IMAP Driver Training (on the job training), basic first aid, and CPR training.
- Ability to work independently, think critically, make decisions under extreme pressure or in a hazardous environment.
- Working knowledge of fire safety, small hand tools, minor mechanical repairs, traffic control devices, two-way radio systems, dynamics of traffic control implementation.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain an IMAP truck.
- Communication skills to work with other units and response partners.
- Ability to train incoming responders.
- A neat, well-groomed appearance while on duty and attention to personal hygiene when in uniform.
- Agility to respond and move quickly around fast-moving vehicles unassisted.
- Strength to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to walk long distance multiples times throughout the day.
- Skills to change a tire unassisted.
- Experience in emergency response work, medical services, protective services in law enforcement/fire/inspection/arson/correctional/security, highway/bridge maintenance or construction, driving motor vehicle for business/government, automotive/maintenance, towing industry, and/or repair.
Education and Experience
- High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma, and
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Robyn Warner at 336-747-7800.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs