Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Great Pay
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly tool allowance, boot allowance, uniforms, and PPE for mechanics
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• Non flat-rate shops
• 401(K) + company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Employee Discount programs
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
What Does It Take to be a Sr Heavy Equipment Mechanic at WM?
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Experience: Six (6) years of Heavy Equipment repair and maintenance experience.
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
• Skill in operating tools, equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment, skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
What You'll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
• Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
• Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
• Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M . checklists, and oil samples.
• Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
• Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• No supervisory responsibilities required.
NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
• HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
• DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
• RCRA / HAZWOPER Training:
• Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
• Clean Air Act (CAA)
• Clean Water Act (CWA)
• Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
• Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
• Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
• National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
• Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
• Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
• Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
• Contingency Plan
• Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
• Security Plan
• Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP’s)
• Refresher Training As Required By Law
• Medical Exam
• Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
• Complete Physical Biennially
• Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
• Physical at Termination
• Respirators – Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
• Full face supplied air in some arrears
• Suit – Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid – yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties; Solid – white Tyvek
• Gloves – appropriate to hazards present – PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
• Overshoes – Vinyl Booties – Waterproof Boots – Chemical Resistant Boots
• Safety glasses
• Hard Hats
• Shoes - Steel Toe
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran