The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Performs repairs and troubleshooting on food processing equipment to include, but not limited to: stuffers, vacuum pumps, mixers, grinders, packaging machinery, conveyors, hydraulic units, multivacs, and ovens.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Installs replacement belts, filters, gears, chains and valves.
Rebuilds valves, pumps and gearboxes.
Troubleshoots pneumatic, electric and hydraulic machine problems and makes necessary repairs.
Performs repairs to machines involving machine guarding, bolt replacement and breakdowns due to mechanical wear.
Welds machine components.
Performs preventive maintenance tasks such as lubricating parts, drives chains, etc.
Handles installations, including hooking up air, water, gas and the alignment and leveling of equipment.
Acts as a lead by training, mentoring and providing guidance to less experienced and hourly Maintenance employees.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or GED and 3-5 years' experience in the maintenance field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to weld stainless steel and other related metals.
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and troubleshooting, preferred.
- Prior experience reading schematics and hydraulic drawings, preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.