Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Please attach an updated copy of your resume!
Work Hours: 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m.
The Plant Apprentice works under the supervision of the Plant Maintenance Technician and performs limited preventive maintenance assignments, completes minor repairs and assists in major repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
• Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Ensures all plant equipment is functioning properly.
• Assist Technicians in the adjustments, repair or replacement of all fixed and rolling stock equipment including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, machine shafts, rollers, and bearings.
• Performs other maintenance and project related work as required.
• Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: (High School or Post High School vocational training in the areas of Mechanical Repair or Welding or Electrical, or Plumbing Preferred.
• Experience: 6+ months of hands-on vocational experience in the areas of Mechanical Repair, or Welding, or Electrical or Plumbing Preferred.
• Experience: DIY or hobbyist experience in Mechanical Repair, or Welding, or Electrical, or Plumbing may be substituted for paid work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Refer to Section A. Education and Experience
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs.
• Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing, pulling, bending and lifting objects more than 75 pounds.
• Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
• Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the work day.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
• Normal setting for this job is material recycle facilities, repair/maintenance facility, outdoors or other facilities.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran