IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
We are a service and retreading market leader with over 200 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nationwide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE – ALWAYS'. Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers (CTSC) are owned by Goodyear — which makes them uniquely qualified to offer you trusted tires, reliable services and powerful management tools to help you lower your operating costs. It's all part of Goodyear's Total Solution for commercial and off-the-road fleets.
As the Wheel Refurbishing Technician, you will be responsible for performing refurbishing of commercial truck wheels in a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers Commercial Tire facility through a series of manual and automated processes. This position does not require experience and the company will train in required skills.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Learn and perform wheel refurbishing process including: Steam cleaning product (wheels) of foreign materials, shot blasting product to remove rust and paint, Inspecting product for unsafe conditions.
- Responsibility for product completion including approving or disapproving product.
- Painting product with special paint and color for customer.
- Maintain proper control of inventory to assure customer receives proper product.
- Maintain daily/weekly/monthly/90 day's maintenance schedule and logbook.
- Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location.
- Comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies, including using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- No relocation is being offered for this position.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Previous manufacturing experience including shot blasting and painting.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.