Contact:JP MASCARO & Sons - Vicki Delmore
Posted in: Lehigh Valley Skilled Trade Jobs
To maintain and repair diesel trucks and associated equipment in a safe, time and cost efficient manner in order to maximize vehicle utilization.
- Repairs and maintains diesel trash trucks, cabs and trailers, and bodies of company vehicles and other equipment as necessary to maintain a serviceable fleet of trucks for the division’s assigned routes.
- Performs regular preventative servicing to include oil and filter changes, lubrication, hoses, belts, transmission fluids, coolant system, batteries, brake lines, brake adjustments, hydraulics, lights and electrical components, and engine components.
- Inspects and tests equipment at prescribed intervals of time and usage or upon malfunction or breakdown. Diagnoses malfunctions, disassembles, inspects, and replaces worn or broken parts as required.
- Performs repairs to equipment to meet standards set by DOT for motor vehicle inspections and safety standards.
- Test-drives repaired equipment on-site. May drive off-site if CDL licensed. May drive a service vehicle for on-road repairs.
- Uses hoists, winches, lifts, gauges, drills, grinders and hand tools specialized to the mechanical auto/truck trade.
- Keeps service records, accounts for time and parts used.
- Performs limited welding, bodywork and repainting as necessary to maintain equipment.
- Reviews Vehicle Condition Reports and makes repairs as indicated.
- Notifies supervisor of unsafe equipment and recommends corrective action.
- Notifies the Maintenance Manager for all work required which is beyond the mechanics ability, or for direction when unsure of proper repair methods.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Frequently works in a crouched position or on back lying on floor or mechanic’s dolly beneath vehicle. Subjected to dust, dirt, wet conditions, all types of weather, grease.
- Must have own set of basic mechanics hand tools.
- Requires a regular valid driver’s license, a CDL and state inspection license is a plus.
- Willingness to accept night and/or weekend emergency service calls.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.