Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? We are looking for Technicians and Technician Assistants to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies. You will be given an opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and will provide you an opportunity for growth.
Our Technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our Technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our Technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
As a Technician or Assistant Technician at WM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
? Opportunity to work on newer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
? Competitive pay at an hourly rate and paid weekly
• Earn 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) in your first year
? Grow your tool set: we offer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
? Stay safe: we have a program that allows you to receive prescription safety eye ware as well as a yearly boot allowance
? Extra pay if you have a CDL
? Have any diesel truck ASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs.
? If you don't have any ASEs, we will help you get them.
? Two weeks paid training – then ongoing training
I. Job Summary
Works under direct supervision and follows established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. Performs minor repairs and limited preventive maintenance (PM) on assigned equipment.
This position is a day shift.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Performs minor repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
• Washes vehicles and equipment.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
• Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
• Assists with service calls for breakdowns including driving the service truck.
• Performs other maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required
• Education preferred: Auto or Diesel Maintenance degree or certificate
• Experience: No prior work experience required.
• Experience Preferred: 1 year plus experience in diesel, heavy equipment maintenance or extensive auto maintenance experience. Experience with Preventative Maintenance. Hydraulics and electrical experience a big plus.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
• Ability to learn
• Mechanical aptitude
• Strong work ethic
• Safety focused
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases, be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran