As an OTR (Off-The-Road) Service Technician you will work at a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers' Commercial Tire Center and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for off-the-road equipment (construction, earthmoving, mining, farm, etc). Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Dismounting and mounting any type of off-the-road tire including multi-piece rims.May also be required to service commercial truck, light truck and passenger tires.
• Determining repairable tire conditions and making such repairs.
• Mounting and safely inflating tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
• Operating a 30,000 lbs. GVW OTR Service Boom Truck.
• Operating heavy duty tire service equipment and tools including boom cranes, cribbing, jacks, compressors, electric and hydraulic equipment.
• Properly executing required billing documents and other paperwork.
• Complying with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
• Observing and complying with all other safety and liability guidelines and policies.
• Using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines as well as manual tools.
• Properly maintaining assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment and tools.
• Performing all other duties as assigned.
• High School or GED preferred (OTR service training and certifications desired).
• At least 12 months of relevant OTR tire service experience is preferred.
• Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
• Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
• Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
• Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
• Must be willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
• Good oral and written communication ability.
• Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a CDL.
Equal opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected veteran/Disabled
Apply to this opportunity at: https://www.candidatecare.com/srccsh/RTI.home?r=5000289830210&c=8&d=goodyear2.candidatecare.com&_dissimuloSSO=jIKBrctVpcs:PYF1kJdyTvYVLI99SFL0bgcFsF8&rb=CLASSIFIEDADS