Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance. We care about our technician’s safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards – check us out, we may be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
Operates sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater (sewage) treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
• Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
• Starts and stops pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
• Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings.
• Collects sewage sample and conducts laboratory tests.
• Operates and maintains power generating equipment to provide steam and electricity for plant.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
• Experience: No prior work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements\
• None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
C. Preferred Qualifications
• Previous experience working in a Water Treatment Plant and/or Lab Environment is a plus.
• Maintenance or Mechanical background preferred.
• Previous experience working on pumps preferred.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran