Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
$4,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Area Career Fair
January 25, 2020
Wixom Area Office
48797 Alpha Driver
Wixom, MI 48393
9:00am – 1:00pm
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
We are looking for a highly experience diesel technician who has the ability to lead technicians and experience to work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies. This position is the right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your extensive skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth.
As a Lead Technician at WM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
Opportunity to work on newer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
Competitive pay at an hourly rate and paid weekly
Grow your tool set: we offer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
Stay safe: we have a program that allows you to receive prescription safety eye ware as well as a yearly boot allowance
Extra pay if you have a CDL
Have any diesel truck ASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs.
If you don't have any ASEs, we will help you get them.
Two weeks paid training in Florida – then ongoing training
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components. As Lead on the Floor or Shift, provide guidance and training along with assisting other Mechanics as directed by the Fleet manager.
This is a 2nd shift position.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Immediately reports any discrepancies to the Fleet Manager.
• Ensures compliance with all fleet processes (e.g. parts ordering, scheduling, fleet prides, warranty capture)
• Provides feedback to Fleet Manager on performance and daily progress of activities
• Ensures timely and efficient functions within the shop.
• Performs periodic QCI inspections and ensures the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
• Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
• Reviews and completes work orders on a daily basis.
• Provides guidance on daily work for Mechanics.
• Will occasionally direct work assignments to Mechanics
• PM scheduling, review, schedule, sign PM’s, sign off others
• Reviews completed PM’s and applicable paperwork for other Mechanics
• Makes recommendations regarding scheduling and assigned tasks in accordance with business needs
• May be required to Lead safety meetings
• Assists with monitoring required WMU training for other Mechanics to ensure compliance
• Provide estimates on time and material costs for repairs and new parts.
• Orders and receives parts and supplies as needed.
• Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Advises Fleet manager immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Prioritize repairs / deficiencies, makes immediate decisions regarding out of service status, and determines repair priorities.
• In the absence of supervision, will provide maintenance supervisory duties.
• Ability to ensure and enforce all shop related safety protocol, (administer) – Follow and reinforce with others all safety processes and protocols
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not Required
• Experience: Four years relevant work experience.
• Experience Preferred: Experience in a Lead Technician and/or Senior Technician position.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Valid driver’s license and must have a clean driving record.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
• Skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
• Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
• Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
• Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
• A desire to have a career path leading to a management position would be ideal. Effectively communicate with mechanics and supervisors.
• Must possess sound decision making abilities and be capable of prioritizing work load.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran