Truck Tire Technician
Interested candidates should apply directly at the following link:
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Since 1948, STO has been providing innovative solutions for the transportation industry. We are "fleet specialists" and focus our business in the commercial truck tire and commercial lubricant fields. Our dedicated team of professionals are highly trained, highly motivated, and provide top level service to our growing customer base.
Careers at Shrader Tire & Oil will provide opportunities for promotion from within and offer incentives that will help you reach your goals. Shrader offers a great benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off and a 401 (k) plan.
South Bend Fleet Services
General Labor - Truck Tire Technician
Purpose: Directly responsible for all tire related services throughout fleet including mounting, installation, inventory, preventative maintenance, repairs, and documentation.
This position is bonus eligible! Hours: M-F 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Following the proper guidelines for the mounting and dismounting of tires (including inflation and deflation).
- Installing and removing mounted truck tires throughout fleet.
- Installing new/retread tires in shop
- Performing road calls including on-call and after hour service.
- Repairing truck tires and identifying non-repairable units.
- Ensuring preventative maintenance best practices including yard checks, visual inspections, tread depth checks, air pressure checks, identifying abuse and irregular wear patterns, and all related documentation.
- Counting accurately all tire inventories, including new tires, retreads, and casings.
- Controlling tires throughout the facility, including identification of units needed for removal or repair, and storage of inventory.
- Moving trucks throughout garage area and general vicinity of fleet yard.
- Maintaining the highest degree of safe work practices, including following all safety guidelines and regulations.
- Regular attendance is important to achieving our organizational goals and is an expectation of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must become proficient with the “Commercial Tire Service Training Program” which is sponsored by the Tire Industry Association.
- Must possess the technical skills to mount, dismount, deflate, inflate, repair, and handle commercial truck tires. This includes the ability to inspect and identify wheel components, and install, handle, and remove rim wheels.
- Must adhere to all safety guidelines including the use of restraining devices or barriers during inflation (tire cages) and the wearing of appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment – goggles, ear protection, safety vests, etc.)
- Must be able to identify any issues that may cause a tire to be deemed “un-repairable”, and any other related equipment problems that may cause a hazardous situation for the customer.
- Must have the ability to drive a commercial truck
- Must provide own outerwear appropriate for roadside service calls
- Substantial degree of physical work including the handling, lifting, and stacking of commercial truck tires and the operation of an air gun.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds to heights ranging from waist high to above the head.
- Requires excessive standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, lifting and carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling. The job requires good finger dexterity, vision, hearing, speaking, and the ability to control powered tools.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Outdoor work will experience seasonal temperature changes (extreme heat and cold), and other unpredictable weather elements.
- Work is performed on a variety of surfaces including concrete, pavement, unpaved parking lots, slopes, uneven terrain, and slippery terrains.
- Work is performed in areas of dirt, dust, fumes, noise, and vibrations.
- Non-exempt position, with occasional overtime needed, especially during the busy season April through October.
- Requires minimum commitment of one full week per month of unlimited 24/7 availability to perform after hour and weekend roadside assistance calls.
$13 - $14 PLUS Bonus
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.