We are an Asphalt Paving company seeking experienced Heavy Equipment Diesel Technician to join our team!! 1st and 2nd Shift - 1st (7am – 4pm), 2nd (12pm – 9pm)
- Keep track of maintenance work performed on vehicles and equipment.
- Comply with all safety procedures.
- Repair diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems on all types of construction equipment.
- Repair large trucks, heavy equipment, fleet vehicles and small engines.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses all types of heavy equipment such as dozers, excavators, and backhoes to ensure proper working condition.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment and fleet to ensure equipment is maintained to top standards.
- Perform routine inspection of fleet vehicles and heavy construction equipment.
- Notify if vehicle needs to be replaced.
- Complete basic computer tasks including completing work orders, looking up parts, and communicating via email.
- Knowledgeable of vehicle refrigeration systems
- Able to diagnose equipment or vehicle failure with use of diagnostic equip.
- Safely drive a water tanker, flat bed and /or other commercial vehicles as required within driver license guidelines and with the required endorsements.
Expertise with Mack trucks desired. Experience with Ford trucks a plus.
Requirements & Physical Demands
- Familiarity with A/C Systems or EPA608 Certified
- Good Communication and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with the safe operation of construction and or paving equipment.
- 2-3 Yrs experience working in industry of related experience in Heavy Equipment repair.
- Must own the tools applicable to the position.
- Constant physical effort, including standing for long periods of time, stoop, bend and crouch as required to perform key duties.
- Ability to lift on a frequent basis, at least 50 lbs and carry at least 30lbs personally, and up to 150 lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off
Voluntary Life Insurance and Voluntary Long Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical Knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location