Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Why work for Waste Management? The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.
$500 Sign-On Bonus!
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary Performs complex preventative maintenance tasks, and troubleshoots and repairs a wide variety of equipment (Trucks and Yellow Iron).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Repairs as needed equipment (including, but not limited to, bulldozers, scrapers, backhoes, front end loaders, yard trucks, farm tractors, forklifts, and company cars).
• Diagnoses and repairs differentials, hydraulic systems, motors, transmissions, drives, air conditioning systems, and electrical systems.
• Performs tasks per preventative maintenance checklist.
• Completes records such as work orders, card files, P.M. checklists, and oil samples.
• Services and maintains other equipment such as light plants, water pump, welders, and other equipment.
• Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: One year of prior Heavy Equipment diesel maintenance experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Valid Driver's License and must have a clean driving record.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment, skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles, ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
New Employee Training
• HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
• DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
RCRA / HAZWOPER Training
• Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
• Clean Air Act (CAA)
• Clean Water Act (CWA)
• Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
• Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
• Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
• National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
• Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
• Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
• Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
• Contingency Plan
• Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
• Security Plan
• Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP's)
Refresher Training As Required By Law
• Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Test
• Complete Physical Biennially
• Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
• Physical at Termination
• Respirators - Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
• Full face supplied air in some areas
• Suit - Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid - yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid - white Tyvek
• Gloves - appropriate to hazards present - PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
• Overshoes - Vinyl Booties - Waterproof Boots - Chemical Resistant Boots
• Safety glasses
• Hard Hats
• Shoes - Steel Toe
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran