SIGN ON BONUS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
As a Diesel Mechanic at WM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
Opportunity to work on newer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
Competitive pay at an hourly rate and paid weekly
Grow your tool set: we offer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
Stay safe: we have a program that allows you to receive prescription safety eye ware as well as a yearly boot allowance
Extra pay if you have a CDL
Have any diesel truck ASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs.
If you don't have any ASEs, we will help you get them.
Two weeks paid training in Florida – then ongoing training
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior technicians in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two year(s) of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn how to maintain our highly complex trucks – both diesel and CNG
- Pride in your work
- Desire to become a team member of a dedicated group of professional mechanics
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran