Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs a wide variety of tasks including the maintenance, repair, and trouble shooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic instrumentation systems.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Diagnoses malfunctions in instrumentation/control systems.
- Adjust instruments to meet process requirements.
- Corrects problems in individual instruments.
- Installs electrical equipment and fixtures, including transformers, circuit breakers, switches, motors, meters, conduit, relays, and related equipment.
- Calibrates equipment and makers test set-ups.
- Plans and lays out conduit, installs equipment, using blueprints, construction drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics and verbal instructions.
- Design and layout projects without blueprints.
- Using a wide variety of testing equipment, determines electrical transmission and operation problems.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of outside contractors.
- Provides leadership and training to less experiences technicians.
- Maintains and operates the Sanitary Treatment Unit.
- Performs carpentry work.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Six years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Current valid Driver’s License
- NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- HAZWOPER (24 Hour)
- DOT & M2Z (Driver Only)
- RCRA / HAZWOPER Training:
- Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Superfund Amendment & Reauthorization Act (SARA)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Hazardous Waste Transportation Act (HWTA)
- Code of Federal Regulation (CFR 40, 29, & 49)
- Contingency Plan
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plan (SPCC)
- Security Plan
- Standard Division Practices (per department) (SDP’s)
- Refresher Training As Required By Law
- Medical Exam
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Complete Physical Biennially
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Audiogram and Respirator Fit Test annual
- Physical at Termination
- Respirators – Full face OV/AG or half face with face shield
- Full face supplied air in some arrears
- Suit – Appropriate Barrier Suite: Liquid – yellow Tyvek with sleeves, apron, booties Solid – white tyvek
- Gloves – appropriate to hazards present – PVC over Nitrile or Butyl (Liquid Waste) Leather Work (Solid Waste), Leather/Cloth work (when handling equipment or containers)
- Overshoes – Vinyl Booties – Waterproof Boots – Chemical Resistant Boots
- Safety glasses
- Hard Hats
- Shoes Steel Toe
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: landfill.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran