Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? We are looking for a highly experience diesel technician who has the experience to work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies. This position is the right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your extensive skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth.
As a Senior Diesel Mechanic at WM, you are provided training and opportunity, plus:
Opportunity to work on newer technologies: we have a growing fleet of CNG trucks
Competitive pay at an hourly rate and paid weekly
Career growth opportunity
Grow your tool set: we offer a monthly tool allowance for all technicians
Stay safe: we have a program that allows you to receive prescription safety eye ware as well as a yearly boot allowance
Extra pay if you have a CDL
Have any diesel truck ASE certifications? Earn up to $2.00 more hour for specific ASEs.
If you don't have any ASEs, we will help you get them.
Two weeks paid training in Florida – then ongoing training
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots, repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment. Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement of components.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Performs preventive maintenance inspections and ensures the timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an inspection.
• Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Advises supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance related work as required.
• In the absence of supervision may provide maintenance supervisory duties.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: Four year(s) of relevant work experience.
• Experience Preferred: Fleet diesel maintenance experience including hydraulics, electrical, suspension, and diagnostics. Experience in Waste Industry a plus
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
• CDL or willing to obtain a CDL
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment
• Skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
• Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles
• Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program
• Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required.
• Willingness and ability to learn how to maintain our highly complex trucks – both diesel and CNG
• Pride in your work
• Desire to become a team member of a dedicated group of professional mechanics
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) often;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran