At Brookfield Properties, our success starts with our people. People like you.
We develop, operate, and manage more than 650 properties and 325 million square feet of real estate across the globe. It's a feat that wouldn't be possible without our team, a diverse group of creative visionaries and innovative experts who are relentless in pursuit of one goal: to ensure our buildings don't simply meet the needs of our tenants, residents, and communities — but exceed them, every day.
We know that a “one-size-fits-all” approach doesn't work when it comes to residential living. That's why, at Brookfield Properties, our portfolio features a wide range of options for any stage of life. And though our properties may be diverse, one thing is universal: all offer the unparalleled quality, service, and support our residents deserve.
If you're ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a talented Maintenance Technician, Union to be based out of The Drake in Philadelphia, PA!
We thought you might want to check out where you could be working next. Click here to take a peek at the property! Trust us… you are going to like what you see.
Repairs and maintains the machinery and mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning at a multi-unit residential property. May also perform general, advanced or specialized maintenance functions depending on property needs.
- Repairs and maintains machinery such as motors, pumps, belts, and fans.
- Repairs and maintain mechanical equipment, including heating and air conditioning. Diagnoses problems. Disassembles units, cleans, lubricates, repairs, and replaces parts.
- Performs routine to difficult carpentry duties, including installation of new doors and installation or repairs of doorjambs, moldings, hinges, door closers, locks, knobs, shelving and counter installation, ceiling tile/grid repair and installation, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult painting duties, including drywall or plaster repair, painting, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult plumbing duties, inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures, unclogging sinks and toilets, repair of faucet, assemblies and replacement of washers, repairs or replacement pipes, repair of fountains, etc.
- Performs routine to difficult electrical duties, including inspecting and testing lighting, wiring and power circuits, replaces faulty switches, replaces faulty lamps and ballasts.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties as assigned.
- This position requires a High School Diploma / GED, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-4 years of required experience working on a commercial or multi-unit residential property.
- Depending on property needs, may require valid state driver's license.
- Depending on property needs, may require certifications in trade disciplines (HVAC).
- Required skills for the position include: self-motivated, team-player, excellent communication and interpersonal skills when working with community associates, must be neat, meticulous and pay attention to regulations and details when completing tasks, and may be required to work flexible schedule including over-time, nights, weekends, and on-call.
- This position requires up to 10% travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace