APPLY ONLINE @ www.Pepsicojobs.com
Position is responsible for repairing and installing advanced production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. May mentor and provide support to less experienced mechanics. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed. Must have own hand tools.
This position requires continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals. The position requires frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling. The position may require weekend and/or holiday work.
· Perform preventative maintenance on more advanced/sophisticated production equipment
· Perform repairs on more advanced production equipment as needed
· Perform breakdown analysis
· Oversee or perform general housekeeping
· Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded equipment/technology
· Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned line
· Change line for package changeovers
· Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards
· Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
· Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
* Able to read (including Mechanical/Electrical blueprints, parts and instruction manuals), write and communicate in English
* Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
* Must be able to perform basic math computations to determine gear ratios etc.
* Ability to fabricate and make repairs utilizing shop equipment
* Ability to mechanically and electrically assemble and disassemble machinery, troubleshoot, repair, replace equipment and ability to install/remove equipment
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair electro/pneumatic controls, photoelectric sensing systems, programmable controllers and AC and DC motors
* Ability to calibrate pressure, temperature, level, PH recorders and indicators
* Familiarity with: Electrical Systems & Electrical Theory, Machine Controls, Electromechanical, Computer Literacy, Networking, PLC's, Power Distribution, Strong Understanding of Single-phase transformer
* Ability to plan and anticipate needs for various projects
* Ability to work at various heights and with various chemicals. Demonstrated ability to work in a safe and controlled manner
* Must have the ability to work in a team environment
* Must have the ability to learn new technologies
* Candidate must demonstrate capability through the Electrical and Mechanical NOCTI test to be considered for this position.
* Support the plant Food Safety Policy