Machine Operator (Extrusion) - Set Up and Operate an Extrusion Line - Twinsburg, OH - JOB 23-00740
Pay Range: $18.00 - $20.00/HR + bonus every 6 months - Permanent Position with Benefits.
A manufacturer of a broad range of rigid PVC is seeking to hire a Machine Operator (Extrusion) to sets up and operate an extrusion line to produce plastic sheets which meet customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders.
1 st Shift: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM – Mon, Tue & Wed 12 Hours - Thursday – 4 Hours 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM or as production requires
2 nd Shift: 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM – Mon 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM, Mon/Tue, Tue/Wed & Wed/Thu 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM - Possible Friday if production requires / (+ .75 shift diff)
Benefits: Medical insurance Dental insurance Basic and Voluntary life insurance Paid personal and vacation days Flexible spending account program Short / long term disability insurance Credit union membership 401k/profit sharing Work boot reimbursement.
- 3+ years as a machine operator, preferably in some kind of plastic environment (preferred).
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Tow motor driving experience. Fork lift Certification a plus.
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Mathematical aptitude. Ability to read/understand specifications.
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist).
- Frequent standing, walking and lifting. Follow written safety procedures
- Start up, set up, operate, and tend machine that extrudes thermoplastics to meet customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders.
- Load materials into extruder and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Move controls to activate and adjust for extruding process.
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any machine malfunctions.
- Press the correct buttons to stop machine when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports.
- Operator must always be mentally alert on the machine.
- Operator who is not alert runs a great risk of getting injured or injuring another employee. Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Tow motor driving.
- Able to lift up to 50#
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds with help. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals.
- Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs.
Candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and a 10 Panel Drug Screen.
Only U.S. Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply.
Due to the large amount of resumes we expect to receive only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We will retain all other resumes for any future job considerations.
Integrity Technical Services, Inc.
14 Whitehall Drive Suite 102
Akron, Ohio 44278
Toll Free: 1-888-262-3226
Akron: 330-633-6500 Cleveland: 440-257-3232
Website: www.integrityjobs.com (To view all of our open positions please visit our website)
Integrity Technical Services, Inc. does not charge a fee for finding anyone a job.
Integrity Technical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.