This one-day course is designed for individuals who want a basic overview of First Aid, CPR and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training for the home or workplace.
Participants will learn:
- How to respond to emergency first aid situations and activate the EMS system
- Skills needed to recognize and respond to cardiovascular emergencies in adults, including CPR Level A
- Check, Call, Care—the 3 basic steps to follow in any emergency
- Choking and obstructed airway management
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care
- Prevention of disease transmission
This Red Cross course includes the latest first aid, CPR and AED guidelines and meets Occupational Health and Safety regulations for Basic First Aid. The course exceeds competitors’ standards by including injury prevention content, CPR and AED training.
Course Length: 8 hours
Certification: 3 years. An Electronic Certification will be issued via the Red Cross upon successful completion of the course.
- 100% attendance
- Skills demonstration
- 75% minimum passing grade on written exam
- Participants must be 16 years of age to be certified and be in good health and physical condition.
- Participants must provide instructor with valid ID.
- Participants must prepay to secure a seat in course.
Please note: Students are provided a Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual during the course and are not required to purchase a manual. Students may purchase a manual for $25.00
For private groups of 8 or more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for available dates.