To register go to www.turnerfirstaidtraining.com.
This advanced course is designed to prepare First Aid attendants to work in rural and remote areas and heavy industry settings. This course is considered the industry standard and is often a prerequisite for employment with the BC Ambulance Service, ski patrols and fire/police departments.
Participants will learn:
- CPR and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Basics of airway, breathing and circulation
- Breathing distress
- One and two-person CPR & obstructed airway management
- Bleeding control
- Minor wound care
- Upper and lower limb splinting and immobilization techniques
- Spinal immobilization, securing a patient to a spine board and hard collar application
- A range of medical conditions and regulatory requirements by the WorkSafeBC
- How to complete appropriate records and reports and continuing patient assessment
Course Length: 72 hours (over 2 weeks)
Certification: Upon successful completion of the practical and written examination, candidates will be certified for 3 years.
- Participants must be 16 years of age to be certified and be in good health and physical condition.
- Participants must provide instructor with valid ID.
- Participants must prepay to secure a seat in course.
A minimum mark of 70% is required on both the written and practical exams to successfully complete the course.
For private groups of 8 or more please contact email@example.com for available dates.