This Basic First Aid course is designed for industry that is located in close proximity to hospitals (less than 20 min.) Skills include; Scene Assessment, Primary Survey, Wound Assessment and Treatment, Airway Obstructions, C.P.R., using and A.E.D., as well as medical conditions and regulatory requirements by WorkSafe BC. Upon successful completion of a written examination, candidates will be certified for 3 years.
Course Length: 8 hours
Certification: 3 years
- Candidates must be 16 years of age to be certified
- In good health and physical condition
- Provide valid photo ID to the Evaluator prior to examinations
- Students must prepay to secure a seat
- All class hours are mandatory