Why work for Waste Management? The Value of a WM Job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
About the Job
As a Residential Driver, you'll operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. You will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when your truck has reached the legal load capacity. Safe driving is crucial as you'll maneuver your truck in residential environments and navigate high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots
Click here to take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver
What Does It Take to be a Driver at WM?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit as a Residential Driver.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
What You'll Do
To be successful as a residential driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
- Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
- Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- You'll handle objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- You'll have to push, pull, bend, twist and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- You'll be exposed to a physical, outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran