Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Why work for Waste Management?
Essential Business - Great Pay - Career Advancement
When you drive for WM, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well-trained, and skilled. The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
Sign-On Bonus: Yes
We Are Stable: WM Drivers are home every night, and we perform essential and meaningful work
We Are Committed to Growth: 100% tuition paid for eligible employees and your family, and established career opportunities
We Are Investing in You: Amazing medical, dental & vision, 401K with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, provided uniform/PPE, 3 weeks paid time off and holiday pay, employee discount programs, and more!
About the Job
Waste Management Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of waste or recyclable material. Drivers will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Drivers safely maneuver vehicles and navigate high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
Click here to take a glimpse into the day-to-day life of a WM Driver
What Does It Take to be a Driver at WM?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a WM Driver.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
What You'll Do
To be successful, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
Employee will be assigned a specific line of business based on experience. While many of our vehicles are automatic, some require experience with standard transmissions. May be hired to fill Roll-off, Residential, and Commercial position based on experience.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 75 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatcher of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatcher or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatcher and assists other.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran