Commercial Frontload Driver - $4,500 Sign On Bonus!
As the largest waste disposal company in North America, Waste Management needs more professional drivers to steer its 18,000 trucks. There aren't many jobs bigger. It requires teamwork, responsibility and the commitment to get the job done - the kind of skills you can bring.
Join us at the Job Fair on June 29th and 30th
5902 Nth 16th St Omaha NE 68110
Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 8am-3pm
Reserve you slot today - apply online or call 877-220-5627
Same day Interviews - Walk in’s Welcome!!
· A $4,500 Sign-On Bonus!
· Weekly Pay!!!
· Local Early Shift Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
· Industry leading Health Insurance
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Employee Discount Programs and more!
“This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000. This bonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM.”
Generous Relocation Packages may be available for well-qualified Drivers!
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.” Text "WASTE" to 51893 to join our Team (or learn more).
I. Job Summary
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
· Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
· Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
· Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
· Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
· Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
· Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
· Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
· Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
· Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
· Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
· Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
· Completes and submits customer tickets as required when excessive yardage must be removed.
· Positions and returns containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
· Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
· Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
· Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
· Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
· Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
· Acceptable driving record required
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Legally eligible to work in the United States.
· Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, company Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today! Text “WASTE” to 51893 to Learn More!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran