Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
WACKER SILICONES is one of the world's leading silicone manufacturers with silicone-based system solutions with more than 3,000 different products - silicone fluids, rubbers and resins, silanes and pyrogenic silica. At our Adrian, MI site, we are currently looking for a Chemist - Construction Coatings.
This position will support the growth of the construction coating and sealer markets including commercial and DIY market segments. Application developments will include the protection of various types of construction substrates including wood, concrete, metals, polymeric surfaces, natural stone, tile and drywall.
• Drive development of innovative silicone based coatings solutions that meet customers and market needs and demonstrated through standardized and/or in-house developed testing methods. This includes blends and emulsified silane and siloxane based systems. Creatively use current WACKER products in existing or new application areas through design innovation
• Ability to design experiments, analyze results, create presentations to support and educate customers
• Provide exceptional technical support to our dynamic sales and marketing team, and to the discovery and problem solving processes at our customers
• Efficient daily up keep of data entry, equipment and labs in a proactive safe and compliant manner
• Build extensive network with customers at conferences and meetings
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Polymers, Material Science or related field
• 3 - 5+ years of relevant experience developing and testing formulations to be evaluated through industry standard testing protocols is a plus
• Experience in silicone chemistry, and emulsion technology preferred not required
• Ability to work independently with good time and project management skills. Able to execute multiple projects in parallel
• Self-motivated, well organized and able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form
• Computer skills (i.e. SAP, Microsoft Office, Minitab, etc.)
• Must be a positive influence within a team
• Travel ~20%
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers