Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Join us for WM Career Day!
We Are Turning Jobs into Stable Careers
Apply Today to Reserve your Interview Spot
Join us at our Norcross Hauling site!
1243 Beaver Ruin Road
Norcross, GA 30093
*Friday, May 21st - 10am to 6pm
*Saturday, May 22nd – 8am to 11am
*WM is also accepting walk-ins during these dates & times, please expect to follow COVID protocol
Starting Pay $21.00 - $30.85
Click here to take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver
What is the Value of a WM Job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
• Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
• Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Education: Not required
• Experience: One (1) year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
• The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial ‘Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
• Acceptable driving record required.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran