Equal Opportunity Employer $2,500 Sign On Bonus What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It’s a way to create opportunities for you and your family.
We Are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We Are Committed to Growth: Training and progressive opportunities for professional development
We Are Stable: Our WM team performs essential and meaningful work.
We Are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, pension with match, discounted stock options, and more!
Who are we? #WeAreWM
Ready to start your tomorrow, today? Click Apply to join the Waste Management team today.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Commercial Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. Drivers are responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1000 pounds and at times require drivers to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity.
Driver navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential too successfully perform this job. Sign On Bonus: $2,500 gross (paid out after 90 days and 180 days) Hourly Rate: $27.13/hr Shift: Monday to Friday with 4 am starts (3 am starts may be required). Normally 9 hr days with OT as required. Pension: $6.05 per hour in pension contribution
Benefits: full benefits plan 100% paid by employer
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks:
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, Occupational Health & Safety and Ministry of Transportation requirements as well as all local, state and provincial laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
• Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
• Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Completes and submits customer tickets as required when excessive yardage must be removed.
• Positions and returns containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Must have a valid DZ/AZ license with airbrakes endorsement with at least one (1) year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Legally able to work in Canada with a valid SIN.
• Live within the GTA with knowledge of downtown Toronto
• Previous expereince with heavy lifting
• Successfully complete pre-employment drug/medical and background check, which will include previous employment check, and motor vehicle record review.
• Acceptable driving record required.
*All successful candidates will be required to provide a recent driver’s abstract (within 30 days) during the background check process. This can take 5-10 business days depending on your location.
IV. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here. V. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran