Why Drive for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay
- Be home every night and weekend
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Paid Vacation
- 401(K) + Union Pension
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
As a Roll-Off Driver, you'll safely operate a heavy-duty truck and are responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. You'll navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Being highly skilled with backing maneuvers is essential to being successful as a roll-off driver.
What Does It Take to be a Driver at WM?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit as a Roll-Off Driver.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
What You'll Do
To be successful as a rolloff driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
- Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
- Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran