This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
8479763 Canada Inc. is seeking an energetic, highly motivated professional to join their team.
Employer name: 8479763 Canada Inc.
Job Title: Long Haul Truck driver (NOC 7511)
Job type: Full time and Permanent
Business address: 12442 74 Ave, Surrey, BC V3W 1P2
Salary: $27.00/Hour for 50 hours a week
Overtime as per BC labor laws
Minimum Education: Completion of high school
Positions Available: 1
Job Location: Candidates are required to travel at various locations as per company contracts.
- Completion of high school
- Class 1 driver's license with air brake endorsement or equivalent
- At least 1 year of work experience
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Effective time management skills, working with others, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Basic English is required to understand road signs and fill the logbook
- Operate and drive trucks to transport goods and materials weighing over 4500 kg to destinations all over Canada and USA
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items like tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment for safety issues and perform emergency roadside repair as required
- Loading and unloading of goods, tarping, and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Maintain logbook, document rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Report defects, accidents, or violations
- Collect, verify delivery instructions, and ensure all the paperwork is filled up correctly
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Communicate with dispatchers, other drivers ,and customers
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, please email your resumes.