Residential Driver (Arnold MO) $2,000 Special Bonus! CDL Required Join us at the Onsite Job Fair Saturday August 4th 8:00am to 1:00pm 1308 Lonedell Rd Arnold, MO 63010 Call to schedule you interview ASAP 877-220-5627 Walk-ins Welcome This position requires you to get in and out of the truck 700-1,000 times a day! We offer :
• Weekly pay!
• Local Day Shift Routes that have you home every day with work that is consistent throughout the year!
• An opportunity to Grow your Career with a truly Green company (over half of all managers worked as Drivers)!
• Industry leading Health Insurance
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Dental, Vision, Life, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Generous Paid Time Off
• An Education Savings Plan
• Referral bonus program$$
• Employee Discount Programs and more!
This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2,000. This bonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM.”
I. Job Summary Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: None Required.
• Experience: 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
• Union position- Must just local Union within 90 days of employment.
• This position requires you to get in and out of the truck 700-1,000 times a day!
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
• Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran