Why Drive for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Great Pay (Based on experience)
• Be home every night and weekend
• Industry-leading health insurance
• 401(K) + company match
• Paid Vacation
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Professional training
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job
As a Commercial Driver, you'll operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. You'll be responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1,000 pounds and, at times, require you to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. You'll transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when your truck has reached the legal load capacity. Safe driving is crucial as you'll maneuver your truck in high traffic / congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Your high level of skill with backing maneuvers is essential to being successful as a commercial driver.
Take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver: Click here
What Does It Take to be a Driver at WM?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
What You'll Do
As a WM Commercial Driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
• Immediately report all unsafe situations or service-related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
• Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
• Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
About Our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran