Please apply online @: www.pepsicojobs.com
Position delivers large quantities of previously ordered products to high volume stores using a tractor/trailer truck. Position interacts with personnel at the store location responsible for accepting loads. Unloads pallets of products from the trailer with an electronic pallet jack and places products in a designated area in the store's backroom. Generates invoice for customer and is responsible for daily settlement of cash and charges.
This position requires grasping, pushing, and pulling a pallet jack when unloading product. May be required to reload and restack cases of products ranging from 20-45 pounds per case if product load tips in trailer or customer requests approved order modification. This position often has an early start time and requires delivery of products across a wide variety of weather conditions.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Deliver products and execute all promotions * Service all scheduled customers by the end of shift * Merchandise all accounts to local standards (if applicable)* Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each account * Comply with operating procedures (e.g., scan-in/scan-out, following designated route, safe operation of lift gate, etc.)* Return empty product shells to manufacturing and/or production facility* Follow DOT Regulations* Use hand held devices to write orders* Regular, reliable, predictable attendance.
This is a Bulk/Swing position. Driver will be trained on large format delivery and our Full service vending delivery as well. Driver will drive bulk delivery and also cover vacations and or call offs in our full service department as needed.
* 21 years or older
* Pass the required drug test and physical capability test (if applicable)
* Pass the required background checks
* Valid CDL license
* Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test
* Follow DOT Regulations
* Operating trucks requiring a CDL license (e.g., performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, backing into dock spaces, etc.)
* Using equipment to aid in hauling loads (e.g., operating pallet jacks, using dock plates, or using load bars and straps)
* Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, etc.)
* Documenting DOT regulations (e.g., reading and comprehending documentation, maintaining current documentation such as medical cards, etc.)
* Hauling consumer products and perishable consumer goods (e.g., transporting unstable loads, different weights on different trip segments, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.