OverviewRespond to this Ad
Name of the employer:
IDEAL LOGISTICS GROUP INC.
6600 Goreway Dr Unit E, Mississauga, ON L4V 1S6
Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (overtime may be applicable)
Salary: $26.10 / hour
Benefits: 2 Weeks Paid vacation, 3 Days sick leave per year.
Number of open vacancies: 7
Start date: As soon as possible
About the Company:
Ideal Logistics Group Inc, is a professional, customer-oriented Trucking Company based in Mississauga, Ontario which provides carrier services throughout Canada & North America. Ideal is looking for licensed Long Haul Truck Drivers to join our growing fleet of professional drivers. Competitive compensation, home on the weekend, great equipment and professional staff will make sure that working for Ideal is a positive and rewarding experience.
What we offer:
- Weekly home time.
- Dedication to your work/ life balance.
- Steady year-round work with great flexibility in your work schedule.
- Bi-weekly pay by direct deposit.
Job main duties:
- Safely moving freight to customers
- Manage his/her assigned equipment to minimize fleet operating costs and maximize availability.
- Practice safe vehicle operation at all times. Recognizes that large truck equipment is very visible on the road and responsibly at all times.
- Manage equipment on the road in compliance with all MOT/ DOT moving regulations.
- Have or be able to obtain travel permits to travel across international borders for cargo transportation.
- Collect required documents for international cargo transportation.
- Ensure the equipment assigned is roadworthy, fit for use and in compliance with DOT/ MOT mechanical regulations at all times.
- Maintain cargo weight in balance and in compliance to MOT/DOT.
- Bookkeep bills, driver’s logbook including cargo hours and distances travelled related to the transportation of the cargo.
- Protect the integrity of cargo at all times and to minimize the risk of claims against the company by effectively managing potential cargo claim events.
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch.
- 2 years Long Haul Truck driving experience
- Current CVOR – Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration Certificate
- Clear Criminal record (Valid within last 1 – 30 days)
- Driving record check (abstract),
- Drug test
- Driver's validity licence check,
- Valid AZ Class driver’s license
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Minimum high school education is required
Type of trucking and equipment
- Efficient interpersonal skills,
- Excellent oral communication,
- Team player.
Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS and other navigating equipment
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail, Handling heavy loads
Local, Long-haul, National, Provincial/territorial
How to apply: Please send your resume by email to email@example.com
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Aboriginal People and new comers to Canada. Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.