Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Join us for WM Career Day!
We Are Turning Jobs into Stable Careers
Apply Today to Reserve your Interview Spot
Low Country Hauling
8029 Speedway Blvd
Hardeeville, SC 29927
*Friday, May 21st - 10am to 6pm
*Saturday, May 22nd – 8am to 11am
*WM is also accepting walk-ins during these dates & times, please expect to follow COVID protocol
Starting Pay $18.56 - $26.77
Click here to take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver
What is the Value of a WM Job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary Safely operates an automated side loader truck to perform assigned duties on residential routes
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
• Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
• Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
• Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Required: Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
• The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Acceptable driving record required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
• Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently;
• Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
• Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day;
• Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran