Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran What is the Value of a WM Job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck.
We are Committed to your Growth: 100% tuition paid for you and your family
We are People First: We foster an environment where all teammates feel welcomed, valued and seen
We are Stable: Our employees are home every day and perform essential and meaningful work
We are Investing in You: Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401k with match, Discounted Stock options, Dependent Day Care, and more!
Waste Management has an exciting opportunity for an experienced CDL driver with a class B license to drive the waste collection trucks on the residential routes based out of the hauling site in Cranston, RI.
We are offering a sign on bonus up to $7,500 depending on experience. The sign on bonus value is dependent on the following levels of experience:
• For Drivers with no waste industry experience - $3,000
• For Drivers with 1 to 2 years’ experience and capable of driving ASL and / or FEL - $4,000
• For Drivers with 2 to 3 years’ experience and capable of driving ASL and / or FEL - $5,000
• For Drivers with 3 to 4 years’ experience and capable of driving ASL and / or FEL - $6,000
• For Drivers with at least 4 years Waste Industry Experience, and capable of driving ASL and / or FEL - $7,500
I. Job Summary
Class - B Residential Truck Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not Required
• Experience: Not Required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
• No Commercial Driving experience required. Extensive classroom and OJT provided!
• 1+ years of military or cilivian truck driving experience within the last 7 years HELPFUL.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle..
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran