Get paid while assisting people in need in your community!
All around the country there are people who need to get to their medical appointments. Some folks don’t have a car of their own, they don’t have a friend or family member available, or sometimes they are not able to afford a regular taxi service to drive them. This is when Richwood Transport steps in to assist! We have partnered with several transportation brokers around the country who receive the call for assistance for these medical appointments. Some of these treatments are not only for quality of life, but also life sustaining. Join our team today, and your career could be a meaningful contribution to another person’s wellbeing!
Duties & Responsibilities
Our drivers are responsible for:
- Managing their transportation schedule the day before and contacting their riders to confirm their trips
- Use technology like smartphones and handheld devices to record their trips and are responsible for maintaining contact with our 24-hour dispatch team.
- Being Flexible to schedule changes to accommodate for last minute opportunities and to be able to take multiple trips at a time in order to help as many people as possible
- Communicating with their supervising State lead and the dispatch team.
- Demonstrating great people skills while they are transporting a client.
What it’s like at a Richwood Transport Medical Driver
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we require both drivers and clients to be always wearing facemasks while someone else is in the vehicle, as per COVID 19 Regulations
- Dress code. Relaxed with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Flexibility. Before starting driving, the driver will discuss their availability with your state lead so they will be able to schedule trips to the driver when they are available to drive. We have trips seven days a week running between 3am until 7pm. Hours of operation may differ depending on location around the country
Why You'll Love this Job
- Stay busy. Drivers are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Full-time (40 hours), part-time (20+ hours), or overtime (40+ hours) are available depending on location and driver’s availability.
- Flexible shifts. Drivers are allowed to change their hours/availability as much as they like, so long as they inform us a week in advance to guarantee we have the coverage we require to take care of all the clients our company is responsible for
- Benefits Through our partnership with ICBA, our drivers can sign up for a variety of benefits, including insurance and tax benefits
Career advancement opportunities
Our company promotes from within. Almost all our upper management, state leads, and credentialing specialists were once a driver themselves.
- Drivers must be 21 years or older
- Drivers must have a smartphone capable of running our dispatching software
- Drivers must have a driver’s license from the state you would be driving in
- A driver’s vehicle must be registered in the state they will be driving in
- The driver must have a clean driving record and background check from the last 5-10 years
- The driver must be able to pass a drug test
- The driver cannot have more than two (2) moving violations over two (2) years time
- The driver cannot have more than one (1) accident over two (2) years time
- The driver cannot have more than one (1) moving violation and one (1) accident over two (2) years time
- The driver must have a four-door vehicle that will be able to pass a safety inspection and is not too high off the ground that any of our elderly clientele won’t have a problem getting in and out
How To Get Started
You can begin by applying below. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here:
Richwood remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering clients to where they need to be.
Richwood Transport is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Richwood is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status
Our Hiring process generally takes 1-2 weeks, depending on how fast the applicant completes the required testing/paperwork.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $100.00 - $200.00 per day
- Flexible schedule
- Self-determined schedule
Work Location: On the road