Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
$18.00+ per hour (DOE) + Exceptional Benefits!
I. Job Summary
Residential Manual Side Loading Subscription Route Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. This position requires the driver to function both as a driver and laborer! Click on the following link to learn more https://youtu.be/2ED8z3LYAdY
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not Required
• Experience: Not Required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air-brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle..
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran