Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
When you drive for WM, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Be home every night and weekend
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- Two weeks professional training
- 401(K) + company match
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
You'll handle objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
You'll have to push, pull, bend, twist and lift up to 100 lbs.
Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
You'll be exposed to a physical, outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!