Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
When you drive for WM, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• Great Pay (Based on experience)
• Be home every night and weekend
• Industry-leading health insurance
• 401(K) + company match
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process timeline may be delayed and will vary by site.
About the Job As a Tractor Trailer / Transfer Driver, you'll safely operate a tractor trailer to on designated routes.
Take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver: Click here
What does it take to be a Driver at WM? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Commercial Drivers License A with airbrakes
• 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a commercial driver's license (CDL) or military equivalent.
• Must be 21+ years of age.
• Acceptable driving record required.
What You'll Do
As a WM Transfer Driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
• Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
• Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
• Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• You'll handle objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
• You'll have to push, pull, bend, twist and lift up to 100 lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• You'll be exposed to a physical, outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
About our Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran