SIGN ON BONUS: $3,000
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
When you drive for Waste Management, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valued front-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number one in the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits, opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
I. Job Summary Container Delivery Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks with crane operation and are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of all types of containers and receptacle’s. Drivers safely maneuver vehicle in rural, commercial and residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots and may operate in tight overhead environments
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
• Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
• Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completes container and or receptacle delivery or pick up.
• Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties.
IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Education: Not required.
• Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with an airbrake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
• Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
V. Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran