APPLY ONLINE @ www.pepsicojobs.com
Position drives a tractor/trailer truck to make long-distance pick-ups and deliveries of predominantly finished products or materials/supplies. Checks and/or assists in the loading/unloading of the trailer. Obtains proper authorization for all deliveries/pick-ups. Inspects vehicle for proper and safe operating conditions before and after each trip. Must maintain a DOT driver's log and adhere to all DOT regulations. May require driving in adverse weather conditions. Position may occasionally be required to stay over night. Position requires working tractor/trailer components, including bending and cranking landing gear as well as climbing in and out of cabs and sitting for extended periods of time. Also requires lifting cases weighing 20-45 pounds if they fall in trailer.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES: * Deliver finished products or raw materials to assigned destination* Ensure safety and compliance of load* Maintain DOT driver log and other required transport documentation * Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
**$15.90 per hour training/down time.
**Mileage paid while driving
* 21 years or older
* Pass the required drug test
* Pass the required background check
* Pass DOT physical and DOT Road Test
* Valid Class A CDL license (with HazMat/Double and Tanker endorsements) *If applicable
* Follow DOT Regulations
* Operating trucks requiring a CDL Class A license (e.g., driving forwards, driving backwards, maneuvering in tight spaces, dropping and hooking, operating landing gear, or backing into docks and confined spaces, etc.)
* Hauling consumer products and perishable consumer goods (e.g., transporting unstable loads or hauling different weights on different trip segments, etc.)
* Operating a tractor-trailer in different conditions (e.g., highway driving, side/local roads, city/country, maneuvering in tight spaces, etc.)