Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
When you drive for WM, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
• $1,000 Sign On Bonus!
• Be home every night and weekend
• Industry-leading health insurance
• Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
• Paid vacation after 90 days
• 401(K) + company match
About the Job
As a Commercial Driver, you'll operate heavy-duty trucks with front or rear end load lift attachment. You'll be responsible for providing the pick-up service of containers filled with waste or recyclable material. Containers may weigh in excess of 1,000 pounds and, at times, require you to maneuver wheeled containers to a pick-up stage area. You'll transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when your truck has reached the legal load capacity. Safe driving is crucial as you'll maneuver your truck in high traffic / congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Your high level of skill with backing maneuvers is essential to being successful as a commercial driver.
Take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver: Click here
What Does It Take to be a Driver at WM?
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States.
What You'll Do
As a WM Commercial Driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
• Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
• Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
• Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
• Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
• Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
• You'll handle objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
• You'll have to push, pull, bend, twist and lift up to 100 lbs.
• Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
• You'll be exposed to a physical, outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
About Our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran