Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary Safely operates a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on designated routes. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, state and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
• Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
• Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
• Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
• Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
• Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
• Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
• Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
• Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
• Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
• Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
• Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
• Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job. A. Education and Experience
• Education: None required.
• Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Current state-issued standard Driver’s License
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Acceptable driving record required.
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site. Please apply now on the site below, or call 877.220.5627, to speak with a Waste Management recruiter today!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran